Mechanical seals that help join systems or mechanisms together by preventing leakage, containing pressure, or excluding contamination. The effectiveness of a seal is dependent on adhesion in the case of sealants and compression in the case of gaskets. Mechanical seals are used to prevent leakage of gases and liquids in rotating shaft applications that exceeds the capabilities of radial lip shaft seals and packing.
In process industry, reliability of rotating equipments such as pumps, compressors, agitators, mixers etc., is of utmost importance, which depends largely on the ability to avoid leakage through shafts.
Mechanical Seals Basic Components:
1. Stationary sealing face.
2. Rotating sealing face
3. Static secondary seal for stationary face.
4. Static secondary seal for rotating face.
5. Spring or a bellow to press the sealing faces together.
6. System to flush seal area.
7. Method to prevent slippage of sealing faces (Keyways, pins or secondary seal friction).
China Mechanical Seals manufacturer and supplier, if you are interested in Mechanical Seals, please contact us. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org